We were always hesitant to try this place for dinner as it looks too much like a dessert place. But since it is my boy’s birthday and he loves dessert, we decided to try.
Well, the results…the kids were happy (according to my boy, he has never felt so full before!) and we believe we will come back again.
Teriyaki chicken wrap (with pancake) – yummy chicken, good portion size
Pancake burger with egg and cheese
Spaghetti with prawns in spicy sauce…yummy (yes, there are non-pancake dishes on the menu too)
Highlight of the meal – Oreo pancake + chocolate chips ice-cream + crushed oreo….I only got to have 1/3 of these, my boy insisted on finishing all the rest. :p
Here are what happened on the 3rd try:
1. didn’t grind the almond meal (didn’t seem to make much difference last time I did it) but did sift before weighting
2. beat the egg white longer than before. didn’t look very stiff or stiff enough. (maybe i should test out just the beating next time)
3. for the 2nd tray of cookies, i squeezed the batter out with the tip closer to the mat.
4. baked at 135C at first but seems not cooked still after 15mins so turned back to 140C. still took some time for the bottom to be cooked.
5. for the first batch, i put another tray above it hoping to block out some heat so the top won’t overcook. but the heat flow somehow made the cookies go out of shape. so for second batch I only put in the extra tray on top after 10mins or so.
6. the 1st batch turned out to look okay but cookies from the 2nd batch were mostly hollow.
It has been a long long time since I last tried to make macarons … thought about it many time and finally pulled myself together to give it another try.
Once again I turned to Not So Humble Pie for help on the cookies and the filling – lemon mascarpone cheese.
The batter looked a bit thin to me, I suspect my egg white was under beaten. I left them to sit for an hour before baking.
These were from two batches of baking. The top batch was left to cook a bit longer than 25mins and turned brown. The top of the cookies looked much much better than my first try.
The bottoms looked a bit under cooked even though they were all in the oven for over 20mins
Made lemon with the leftover egg yolk.
They looked and tasted good when freshly made but some how after keeping in the fridge for a day, it turned soft. Not sure if it is because of the filling…
Great place to get tapas, drinks and much more…